Monday, September 19, 2011

Week Two: Excel

This week in class we were talking about a few things such as social media, privacy and excel. Yes, my product could use social media to get the word out but what I really would focus on would be the excel aspect. Excel would play a huge role for my product.
Let’s start with, what is Excel? Excel is electronic spreadsheets. It is helpful because there are many functions that excel offers, such as calculating math equations, gathering data, graphing data, and much more. Those aspects are something I could definitely use for my product.

For example, if I was to do a trial run of this new computer with the build in printer, I would take the results and insert them into excel to help calculate how many people responded positively or negatively. If I was to sell them for two weeks I could insert the data then find the slope and see whether my product was decreasing in sales or decreasing. Now hypothetically my business is booming and we have been in business for years. If I wanted to access my information on a larger scale I could create a pivot table to access information in a matter of minutes, and as a bonus, using pivot tables in excel, does not take up a lot of memory.

All in all, why not use excel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment